It’ Emmy Awards time and Giuliana Rancic, Kelly Osbourne and Lara Spencer hit the red carpet on September 23 to cover the fashion hits and misses in 2012. New mom Rancic was on hand with Ryan Seacrest for E’s coverage. Kelly Osbourne dazzled the red carpet and will report on the fashion hits and flops on Monday with Joan Rivers on E’s! “Fashion Police.” Lara Spencer is covering the red carpet for the first time ever. She’s replacing Robin Roberts, who is recovering from her bone marrow transplant.
“Emmy Day – Sending the brightest star in TV – Robin Roberts a giant hug cross country from L.A. Call you later with personal red carpet report,” Lara tweeted on Sunday. Kelly Osbourne also tweeted live from the 2012 Emmys red carpet and said, “The Emmys red carpet madness had begun.” Giuliana Rancic added on Twitter, “So many gorgeous celebs!”
To hear what Giuliana, Kelly and Lara thought about the fashions on the 2012 Emmys red carpet, be sure to check out the following post Emmys TV specials.
- “Good Morning America” on ABC. The early morning broadcast is set to interview the big winners from the 2012 Emmy Awards. Lara Spencer and Josh Elliott will anchor “GMA’s” live broadcast. Monday, September 24 at 7 a.m. ET.
- “Fashion Police: 2012 Emmys” on E! Joan Rivers, Kelly Osbourne, Giuliana Rancic and George Kotsiopoulos will dissect the hits and misses. Whether Zooey Deschanel dons head-to-toe pink again or Lena Dunham flashes her homemade tattoos, Joan Rivers and her crew are primed to have a go at someone during their sartorial postmortem look at the 2012 Emmy Awards. Monday, September 24 at 10/9c p.m.
Emmy Awards Fun Facts and Trivia
- Most Emmys won by an actress: Eight. Cloris Leachman won her eighth statue, for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series (“Malcolm in the Middle”) in 2006, passing Mary Tyler Moore and Tracey Ullman to become the actress with the most Emmys in history.
- Most Emmys won by an actor: Seven. In 1980, Ed Asner took home an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for “Lou Grant,” making him the only actor to win seven statues for acting.
- Most Emmys won by an individual: 23. In 2012, Sheila Nevins set a new record by winning her 23rd Emmy. She has produced hundreds of documentaries and is recognized as the most powerful executive in the documentary community.
- Most Emmys won in a single season by one show: Nine. In 2000, Presidential drama “The West Wing” was nominated for 18 Emmys and won a record-setting nine.
- Most Emmy wins by one series: 37. The cast and crew of “Frasier” won a grand total of 37 Emmys during its 11-year run.
- Most Emmy nominations for a program: 156. This is a new record and is held by “Saturday Night Live” with a whopping total of 156 Emmy nominations.
Do you want to stay in-the-know? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on subscribe, and you’ll stay up-to-the-minute with your favorite TV stars and shows.