Acne can be so socially debilitating that sometimes you’ll do anything to get rid of it and I mean anything. How far though, would you be willing to go? The following 10 things have been used and probably will continue to be used on acne to either, dry it up, completely clear it up or bring those unsightly under the skin pimples to a head. Either way, which of the following would you be willing to do? How far is too far?
*spoiler alert: the last two on the list are bodily fluids, so if you gross out easily, stop at number 8.
1. Bacon: Yes, bacon. Apparently if you take a raw piece of bacon and slap it on one of those under the skin pimples and cover it with a round band-aid and sleep with it over night, by morning you’ll have a nice white head to pop!
2. Yeast/Honey: Are we baking something here or are we talking zits? Apparently zits. Take a pinch of yeast granules and add a slight bit of water and honey. Mix it up, and apply to the pimple and cover it with a band-aid over night will help to heal it.
3. Preparation H: Well we all know one can feel like a real “ass” when they have acne all over their face, but must they treat it like the actual thing? If you have an inflamed pimple, apply Preparation H onto it and it will “shrink” the pimple.
4. Cucumber: Juice a cucumber and using a cotton ball swipe the cucumber juice over the affected area of the face and leave on for 10-20 minutes and rinse. This is supposed to dry out and soothe the acne afflicted area.
5. Egg whites: Separate an egg and apply the egg whites as a complete face mask or just to the affected areas and leave on to dry (about 10 minutes). This is supposed to help dry out the pimples.
6. Tomato: You can either rub a slice of tomato over the affected areas of the face or put a tomato in a blender and apply the pulsed juice over the affected areas leaving on for 5-10 minutes. Tomato helps with the oiliness on the face and acts as an astringent helping to clear your complexion.
7. Milk of Magnesia: Apply dots of Milk of Magnesia to each pimple or use as a face mask for larger affected areas. Leave on overnight or just until it dries and remove. This is suppose to bring the pimples to a head and also help dry out the blemishes.
8. Sandalwood Powder: Not only does this stuff smell beautiful but you can also use it as a poultice by applying it to the blemish as a paste (mix with a bit of water) and placing a round band-aid over it. Leave it on over night. This is supposed to both heal and calm inflammation.
The next two are extremely unconventional but have been used in treatments. They are disgusting so be forewarned.
9. Urine: Yes, you heard that right, urine. Preferably your own! Using urine to treat acne is used in alternative medicine and is called urine therapy or sometimes urotherapy. Using your first morning urine, apply with a cotton ball like you would a toner. It is said to help with inflammation and irritation. Although some warn that applying urine to “open” acne can result in further irritation. For more on this click here.
10. Semen: As if #9 didn’t gross you out enough, semen shows up! Semen actually contains minerals, including calcium, chlorine, magnesium, nitrogen, vitamin B12, and zinc. How do you use it?
Let semen stand at room temperature for five minutes to liquify.
Dab onto skin, wait for it to soak in.
Moisturize your face.
Leave it on for several hours.
Do this three times a week or more.
Of course men have the upper hand (er, no pun intended) on supply and demand on the stuff. So if you are female, you really need a boyfriend or husband to help you out here! If this treatment “arouses” your interest you can read more here.
Have fun! Especially with #10!
Until next time……Stay beautiful Jacksonville!